Sunday, May 3, 2015

Signs of Life



It's Spring, you guys! For real this time. Flowers are popping up, trees are budding, the grass is actually greener, creatures are reappearing, and the sun, oh, the sun is shining again! 







I am a huge fan of spring. Once winter has thawed and new life reawakens, it makes me feel so hopeful and happy. I gotta be honest, winter is such a drag! Physically and emotionally. I am thankful the snow is gone (for now), but the changing seasons make me appreciate the uniqueness of each time of year. 

I read a quote recently by Elisha Galotti, "Winter will give way to Spring, and if all we do is wait for the warmth of the next season, we'll miss the beauty of today." I just love that. 

I've been thinking a lot about life (and birth) since the arrival of our baby boy. There are so many sweet eye-opening truths to be learned from babies and how precious life really is and how beautiful our God is. The same God who made daffodils and silver frogs and the sun to rule the day, made you and I and everything that has breath. Despite all of the suffering and chaos that plagues this world, there is so much beauty to be seen and joy to experience. It's all around us.

I'm reminded of Ecclesiastes 3:1, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."

Take a few moments to look around and breathe in the sweet aroma of spring. Know that God is there and He makes all things new!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!