Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Few New Favorites


Have you tried any of J.R. Watkins products? They offer a whole line of natural bath & body products, gourmet food items, home care and health remedies. I fell in love with their old-fashioned apothecary style packaging. Even their website is fun and entertaining.


For Christmas, I received their Daily Facial Cleanser with Chamomile Extract and their Lemon Creme Hand and Body Lotion. Both are wonderful. The best part is, they are made with all natural ingredients. Depending on what you normally spend on these type of items, they are a little on the higher end in price, but definitely worth it. The facial cleanser makes my face feel so smooth. The lemon creme lotion is perfect for dry hands and smells like a lemon sugar cookie! You can find them at most drug stores. I highly recommend this brand. 


Speaking of hands, have you seen this item? It's an Amco Rub Away Bar. Have you ever chopped onions, garlic or other stinky foods, and noticed the odor lingering on your hands, even after washing them? This magic bar erases the smell! It's made of stainless steel. Rub it on your hands while washing them in cold water (I use soap with it too) and it removes the odor from your hands. I received one as a gift a few years ago and it's been one of the most useful kitchen tools I never knew I needed! 


I have been a nail polish connoisseur for most of my life. What I look for: great colors, durability, cheap inexpensive price. I recently tried ULTA's brand of nail polish and was pretty happy with it. It met all of my criteria. They offer a wide variety of current and timeless colors, it lasts a good week or more and is very affordable. Especially when they have a sale and you can use a coupon! 


I mentioned TAZO's Chai Latte Concentrate in my last post, and I just wanted to point it out in case some of you are chai lovers as well. I keep it in the fridge and mix it with almond milk (or regular milk), then heat it in the microwave for a quick chai tea latte, any time. It's the same kind they sell at Starbucks. For the price of one store bought chai latte, you can make about 8 DIY lattes at home! (Half cup of chai with half cup of milk) Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!