Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend French Toast

I love French toast. Growing up, my Mom would often make French toast for me before school. It was the best. Ever. This week, I was at a photo shoot for breakfast foods, and one of the components was French toast. Since then, it's been on my "must make" list. This weekend, I found an easy recipe and tweaked it a little bit, using thick slices of farm-style white bread. The thicker the bread, the better. 

Ingredients:
1 thick slice of bread
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp sugar
A few dashes of cinnamon
A small dash of vanilla extract
1 tsp butter

Directions:
Whisk egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a shallow bowl. Dip one side of the bread in the liquid and let it soak for a moment. Turn over the bread and let the other side soak up the rest of the liquid. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Slide the soaked toast into the frying pan and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes each side. Check to make sure it's not burning out getting too dark. Repeat recipe for multiple slices of toast.

My favorite toppings are powdered sugar and maple syrup. Such a delicious breakfast - especially on a cold weekend day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!