Sunday, November 11, 2012

Under Construction

It's been a while since we've had a home makeover project in the works. I've had the itch to redecorate our main floor living room area, which is where we spend the most time in our home. I have a vision of what I'm hoping to achieve, along with plenty of room inspiration via Pinterest. I'm ready to say goodbye to the brown and gold walls, and welcome a fresh gray-blue. Easier said than done. 

After agonizing over what color to select, we purchased what I thought was the color I wanted and Andrew painted a couple walls to see how it looked. It turned out to be much too blue, and not enough gray. Very disappointing! 

I went back to the store and got some samples to help in the decision. I knew finding the perfect gray with a hint of blue would be challenging, but I didn't think it would be this difficult! Depending on the lighting, it changes throughout the day. 

Needless to say, our house is "under construction" at the moment with stuff all over the place. 

My office is a disaster, and is housing most of the displaced living room decor. 

Meanwhile, I have a couple design projects I'm working on. Along with some Christmas gift projects. And oh yeah, I'm excited to be hosting Thanksgiving! In 11 days! Nothing like company coming to light the fire for completing projects. We are also in the midst of replacing our water heater, fixing our dish washer, sealing a leak in our shower, and putting our downstairs back together. 

You might not be seeing me around here for a while. I'm off to check off my to-do list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!