Monday, May 14, 2012

Things I Like

I've been diggin' a few things lately, so I thought I'd share them with you. First, a very tasty salad from Panera Bread - Fuji Apple Chicken. Or you can get the new Roasted Turkey Fuji Apple. It's got all-natural, antibiotic-free chicken (or roasted turkey), mixed field greens, romaine lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions, pecans, Gorgonzola, apple chips and white balsamic apple vinaigrette. Sooo good. And that dressing - yum. 

JCPenny or JCP, has given their brand a complete makeover, including the look and feel of their stores, pricing structure and products. No more coupons needed, midnight madness sales or door busters. They have lowered their prices and they offer month-long values. 


I like their new "fair and square" positioning and revamped marketing. Their commercials, direct mail pieces and store signage are cute and clever. I'm also impressed with their clothing and merchandise. Each time I stop in, I seem to find something I like, and the prices are great. While browsing the sale/clearance rack, I found shirts for $4, dresses for $7 and sweaters for $6. I've even been pleasantly surprised upon checkout to learn that my items were even less than they were marked. Score! Well done JCP. I hardly used to shop there, now you can't keep me away. 




Conair You Curl XL Hair Styling Iron. I bought this curling "wand" a few months ago (from Ulta, when it was on sale) and I really like it. It did take a while to get the hang of using it. There's no clamp like a regular curling iron, so I had to learn to wrap and hold my hair without burning my fingers! It does come with a partial "glove" which I found difficult to maneuver with. 


It helps me get curls/waves like this. Some days are better than others. It does take a bit longer to curl all my hair, especially since my hair is so long. What's great though, is that the heat (up to 400 degrees F!) holds my hair for a long time. I usually still have nice loose waves through the next day. Definitely worth the effort. 




Ulta eye shadow in "Seashell." This is a really nice eye shadow. It goes on silky smooth and comes in over 90 shades! I used my free reward coupon last month to try this color. It's very pretty and perfect for spring/summer.


Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato. I think the chilled version of the caramel macchiato has been around for a while, but I only recently tried it. And fell in love with it. Of course. It's got espresso, vanilla syrup, milk and buttery caramel sauce. Hello! Certainly not an every-day treat, but a once-in-a-while-need-to-indulge treat. Thanks to my gift card.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! I love Iced Caramel Macchiatos. Yum! I've been eyeing that kind of curling iron lately. I may have to treat myself to one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!