Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bar Stool Revamp

It's time for another before and after project! This time, it was a bar stool that was sitting in our basement. 


As you can see, it had some wear and tear. It needed a new seat cushion and a coat of paint.


First, to remove the old seat cushion, which was fastened quite tightly with none other than my all-time-favorite-pain-to-remove - you guessed it, staples! Ugh. 


Once the staples were history, I was able to see that the foam disc was still in good shape, so I could reuse it. 


Using fabric I had left over from my desk chair before and after, I set to work sewing a cover. Doesn't it look like a round yellow cake? 


Since I was in the process of painting the buffet hutch white, and the white paint and brush were already in use, I decided this stool would be painted white too. Done. 


I placed my new cover on top of the foam to make sure it was a good fit.


I allowed enough fabric to hang over the edge so that I could tack it underneath with 5/8 inch wire nails, all the way around. 


Now it looks like this! A cute little stool for craft room guests to sit on. 


A look back at the before. I didn't mind the wood color so much, but overall, it was a pretty boring piece. Now it has a little charm and personality. This was a quick revamp that would be easy to change in the future if I ever need it to match a different room. 

Don't you just love a good before and after? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!