Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Iced Blueberry White Tea

Summer is in full swing, and what's better than sitting outside with a refreshing glass of iced tea? I love fresh fruit, especially blueberries. When I found a recipe for blueberry iced green tea, I had to try it. It's made with homemade blueberry simple syrup. I swapped out white tea instead of green tea because I wanted to keep it tasting light. 

Blueberry Simple Syrup
Ingredients:
1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup water
1 cup sugar

Directions:
Place blueberries, sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Strain solids from the juice with a fine sieve and set solids aside.
Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator.

Iced Blueberry White Tea
Ingredients:
8 cups of water
4 white tea bags
1 cup of blueberry syrup (or to taste)
ice cubes
fresh blueberries for garnish

Directions:
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and remove from heat.
Mix in 1/2 cup of room temperature water, add tea bags and steep for 10 minutes.
Remove tea bags and add the remaining water.
Mix in the blueberry syrup until it reaches the desired sweetness.
Chill in the fridge, add ice and enjoy.

So refreshing! I mixed the tea with the blueberry syrup and kept it in the refrigerator for a few days. I just added ice and fresh blueberries to a glass when I was ready to enjoy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!