Monday, April 29, 2013

Springdale Farm

Last weekend, Andrew and I wanted to get out of the house and spend a fun day together. I heard about the sheep shearing festival at nearby Springdale farm. I love animals and I'm fascinated by farm life, so on a whim, that's where we went. It was unseasonably cold, but we braved the wind and toured the farm. 


The most interesting and educational part was the dairy barn and the robotic milking center. The cutting-edge technology allows the cows to be milked whenever they choose, without the need of the farmer's assistance. It was pretty fascinating. 

Goats, horses and donkeys, hanging around outside. The horses liked it when I fed them grass. Their big teeth crack me up - I'm such a kid at heart! 

They had two of the biggest pigs I've ever seen in my life. Literally, PIGS. In every sense of the word.

The baby lambs were my favorite of all. They're so cute and little! I felt bad for the parent sheep because they got really bad haircuts! I definitely won't be eating lamb any time soon (if ever again). All I'll be picturing is these guys!


I love spending the day with my honey, no matter where we go. He loves me enough to take me to a farm on a freezing cold day, just so I can see the animals, because he knows it will make me happy. Love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!