Sunday, April 14, 2013

Painted Confetti Glasses

This is a fun little project I found via Pinterest - painting stemless glasses (or your choice of glassware). I've been seeing stemless glasses everywhere lately (Marshall's, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond). This project is relatively inexpensive and quick to do (just my style). You can make some for yourself or give a set as a gift. 

Marlyn (my MIL) sent me a fun pair of hand-painted glasses for my birthday. Aren't they cheery? She too, has a craft night and enjoys making new things. When I was at her house, we got to have a little craft time of our own.

I painted a polka-dot design in pink, orange and red. I really like how this one turned out! I also tried painting stripes on one, but the results were not as attractive.Whomp whomp.

These confetti glasses from Anthropologie originally inspired this DIY project by Radical Possibility.

You can use any size and style glasses that you like. The stemless ones work really well and have a wide surface for painting (we did not paint the bottom). 

Martha Stewart Glass Paint is specifically for glass (hence the name) and will last longer than acrylic paint.

Supplies:
Glasses
Martha Stewart Glass Paint
Paint Brushes
Rubbing Alcohol 
Oven

Directions:
1. Clean surface of glasses with rubbing alcohol. 
2. Paint glasses with Martha Stewart Glass Paint in desired design.
3. Place painted glasses on baking sheet and into oven. 
4. Turn oven to 350 degrees (with glasses inside) and bake/cure for 30 minutes (DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN). 
5. After 30 minutes, turn oven OFF and leave glasses inside to cool completely. 

Enjoy your one-of-a-kind glassware! Marilyn even suggested using them as votive candle holders. Wouldn't that be pretty? You could store cotton balls, makeup brushes or items on your bathroom vanity. Or paperclips on your desk. I bet this recipe would taste extra delicious in one of these beautiful glasses. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!