Thursday, November 15, 2012

DIY Infinity Scarf

I whipped up an infinity scarf, or as I also like to call it, a uni-scarf. Have you done this? Or thought about doing this? It has to be one of the easiest sewing projects ever. I was literally done in about 5 minutes. Maybe 7.

I happened upon this oatmeal knit scarf from H amd M, at the thrift store for $3. This would be the perfect opportunity to try sewing the ends together. 

I didn't care for (or need) the fringe on the ends, so I carefully cut it off. 

 Then I pinned both ends together.


And sewed all the way down both ends, with my sewing machine, using a zigzag stitch.


Voila! A regular old scarf turned infinity scarf in mere minutes. 

Side note: I wouldn't wear it with this particular outfit, it's just what I happened to have on while I was making it. 

Side note #2: Yes, my hair is actually as long as the scarf. Yowza.


Here's some more infinity scarf inspiration. You could make one out of any type of scarf, or fabric for that matter. Have a scarf in your closet you're tired of? Refresh it by sewing the ends together for a new look! You won't have to worry about tying, looping or configuring it - just loop it around and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!