Saturday, November 27, 2010

Burke-Ohl Thanksgiving


We celebrated Thanksgiving day at my sister Lisa's house with the Burke family, who are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. It's hard to believe that I have known them for over 20 years now! That just doesn't seem possible. Lisa and Chris celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary earlier this month. Time sure flies!


Catherine and Mary (sisters) are two of the sweetest ladies I know.


Mike and my brother-in-law Chris (brothers) are two of Mary's sons. Blonde hair and light eyes sure run in the Burke family.


Uncle James, relaxing in the basement. Also known as the man cave for TV, sports and video games.


My niece Emma and her cousin Catelynn. There were a couple rounds of Boggle. Emma is usually the Boggle champion and I usually loose.


Here's the three of us that don't have blonde hair, and resemble the Colosi side of our family. Can you tell? Elijah is getting so tall, he looks like he could be our little brother!


My love and I.


Everyone enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving meal and of course ate too much. Including a table full of desserts. I made my Mom's apple pie and a pumpkin pie.


I have so much to be thankful for, every single day. The love of my Savior, a wonderful husband, family, more friends than I can keep up with, health and freedom. I need to be reminded how truly blessed I am. It's so easy to take the good stuff for granted. And even the not-so-good stuff. Because God is good. All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!