Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 Recap

Wow, I feel like I have a lot to catch up on! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (that is, if you celebrate). I feel especially blessed because I got to see extended family three different times in one week! 

We traveled to my in-laws in Pennsylvania last Saturday for our annual pre-Thanksgiving dinner at Nana's house. We had a great time, as always, and got to catch up with the Ohl folks, minus a few who couldn't be there. We missed you Statler's and Maney's! We definitely missed Pop-pop too. It not the same without him.

Alex and David and of course the jackalope.

After dinner, it was time to make s'mores. Nana builds a mean fire! Yikes! 

Cousins, Bruce (with fierce marshmallow roasting face), Alex and Andrew.

Just before we headed back home, I got to see my in-law's new neighbors. Some colorful fluffy chickens! As you can see, they're running away from me. Maybe next time I'll catch one.

We spent Thanksgiving day at my Sister's house.

My niece Emma

and my nephew Elijah. I made them pose like this. Literally. Isn't it sweet? You'll never see this happen again.

The Burke sisters, who could very well pass for triplets! They are a lot of fun. When it was time for dessert, we had an entire table full of pies and cakes! Yum.

On Friday (black Friday), I didn't go near a mall or store. No crowds or stampedes for me! I headed to Niagara Falls to visit my Aunt, Uncles and cousins. It was great to see them. I just wish I took more photos of everybody. We were too busy enjoying good food, conversation and playing with the kids.


I did catch a couple of my adorable little cousin, Lucy, who just started walking! What a cutie pie!


Meanwhile, Andrew went back to Pennsylvania for the annual pre-hunting season kick-off man's weekend (plus Nana). Here's a clip of the kinds of things they were up to. In other words, riding 4-wheelers, target practice and blowing things up (barrels). Oh, and eating deep fried anything. That about sums it up. Sorry this video clip is sideways. It took us long enough just to figure out how to edit and upload it! Hope it gives you a laugh. As you can tell, they were having a great time!

A great week for both of us! I am truly thankful for my wonderful family and friends, both near and far.

1 comment:

  1. You had me at Jackalope. Lol I kept looking at that picture thinking: A. what is a jackalope and B. where is it? I did find it, assuming it was the snazzy antlered bunny thing (jackrabbit meets Antelope??) on the wall :)

    -Kimi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!