Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!





Happy new year! I wish you health, happiness and many blessings in 2010. Looking back on 2009, I have so much to be thankful for ~ wonderful family & friends, a cozy home that keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer (and I get to decorate it!), a great job, good health, and the list could go on and on.

Many people are picking one word or phrase as the theme of their new years resolution(s). I think I will too. I could probably write a mile long list of goals, accomplishments and improvements for this year, but I think keeping it focused on one or two is a much more achievable task. Don't you?

This year, my word is Gratitude and my action is Love. I consider myself to be generally thankful. I try not to take things for granted and rarely forget to say "Thank you". But I want to have an attitude of sincere gratitude, at work, at home, with my family and friends, and most importantly gratitude to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It's far too easy to look around at the things that others have, and start the comparison game. Instead of seeing what I think I may be lacking, I want to focus on all the things that I have been blessed with. And to put my gratitude into practice, I want to exude more love. Not just saying "I love you" here and there, or doing nice things for people because I feel like it's the right thing to do. Really and truly loving others. Love demonstrated toward my husband, my family, my friends, co-workers, strangers at the grocery store, even crazy drivers during traffic (I may need to add patience to my list for that one!).  I believe that the more grateful you are in your heart, the more love you will have to show. I want to be that kind of person. "We love him, because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Here's to 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!