Saturday, December 17, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016


Hello! And happy December. 

I haven't posted a family or holiday recap in what feels like a very long time. And, seeing that Christmas is just 8 days away (what?!?) I thought I should talk about Thanksgiving first.  

We spent the long weekend over Thanksgiving with our family in Pennsylvania, and it was lovely. It was also momentous, because believe it or not, it was my mother-in-law's first time hosting Thanksgiving. She knocked it out of the park (and was quite proud of her turkey)! The food, catching up with one another, playing outside, and taking a little trip to to see David and Elsa's new house (congrats!) was really nice. We got to visit with Nana (Marshall's great-grandma) and I even managed to squeeze in a little Christmas shopping. I only wish that we could have seen all of our extended family. Hopefully next time. 

Here are a few favorite photos from our visit. My nieces and my little boy are just the cutest, if you ask me! 




In other news, how can this little boy be cruising toward turning TWO in less than two months?!? He has changed so much from last year at this time, it simply amazes me. He is talking up a storm, with the cutest little voice. I want to record and bottle up every little adorable thing that he says. I just love him so much my heart could explode.


And now, on to Christmas! It's so much fun celebrating with Marshall and introducing him to everything Christmas. Seeing his face light up when he sees decorations or recognizes "Jingle Bells" on the radio. He is so playful and funny and we laugh together all the time. I'm looking forward to celebrating his second Christmas at our house this year. 

Jesus is the Reason for the season! 

I don't know when I'll be on here again. My blogging has taken the waaaaay backseat in life. So, I'd just like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and an even happier new year, filled with health, God's love and true joy.  

Much love + hugs,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!