Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015


This Thanksgiving was extra special because it was Marshall's first one! I really wanted to host and cook the meal, so Andrew's parents drove from Pennsylvania to be with us. Our first floor had just barely completed a major ceiling renovation (more to come on that later!). I wasn't sure if our house would be put back together in time for guests, but the kitchen was back in business just in the nick of time! Nothing like a holiday or a family gathering to spur the completion of home renovations. True Ohl style.



Thanksgiving really is one of my favorite holidays. I love entertaining, preparing a special meal, decorating the table and having guests gather around to enjoy food and conversation. I didn't take photos of the food but there were a few recipes from the Pioneer Woman at our table. Namely, a certain pumpkin cheesecake that was out of this world. I wish it was still here.


Marshall sure enjoyed having Gigi and Poppi here! They had lots of play time together. Even a wagon ride around the yard (his favorite). A little rain didn't hurt.



As I reflected on this year, my list kept getting longer and longer of how much I have to be thankful for. And yet, somehow, I loose sight of that, far too often. In the midst of my petty inconveniences and embarrassing complaints, I have to stop and remember how gracious God is and and how good He is. His love never fails. His mercy never runs out. His promises are always true. He loves me unconditionally. What a humbling thought. I don't deserve any of His love. But He loves me anyway.

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and remember how much we truly have to be grateful for.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, so blessed for all of you! Your family is beautiful and your table is too! I also love to do Thanksgiving and follow the Pioneer Woman (though she does use a bit too much butter ;)! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!