Monday, April 13, 2015

Visit with Nana


Marshall's Nana (my Mom) came to visit in March. She was here for two weeks during some very cold weather - not anything like the hot temperatures she's grown accustomed to in Arizona! But we stayed inside most of the time, cuddled Marshall and enjoyed spending time together.


Mom made sure we were well fed and cooked some of my favorite meals - Italian wedding soup, and sauce with meatballs. We even had cornbeef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day. She also did many loads of laundry and keep the house clean, which was a much appreciated gift in itself! I could get used to that. Thanks Mom! 


It's been a long time since my Mom has been here to celebrate my birthday with me. We spent the day visiting family, then ordered my favorite Chinese takeout for dinner. We tried recreating one of my favorite childhood birthday treats, ice cream cone cupcakes. They were slightly disappointing, with the first batch being a flop, but they still tasted good! I'm going to have to try making them again. 

If it looks like I can barely keep my eyes open, it's because I was totally exhausted! The day was fun and memorable but I didn't sleep much the night before. My last birthday wish was to get some rest! 


Andrew and Marshall gave me some sweet gifts. Spending the day with my little boy definitely made my birthday the best one yet!


Marshall loves visiting and socializing! He's keeping an eye on cousin Emma.


Marshall, your Nana loves you and traveled many miles to see you. I know you might not remember, but she held you and loved on you every chance she got. She is a special lady and she taught me what it means to be a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!